Maple Shade Public Works
- 2022 SPRING BRUSH/BRANCH CURBSIDE COLLECTION
- 2022 HOUSEHOLD CLEAN-UP EVENT
- TRASH COLLECTION HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
- 2020-21 RECYCLING SCHEDULE
- RECYCLING INFORMATION
- WHAT TO RECYCLE?
- HOW TO REPORT A STREET LIGHT OUTAGE?
- HOW TO REPORT A POTHOLE?
- HOW TO GET RID OF HAZARDOUS WASTE?
- MOSQUITO CONTROL
- WHAT TO DO ABOUT TREE BRANCHES ENDANGERING ELECTRIC WIRES?
- FALL LEAF COLLECTION
- NJ STORMWATER
- CLEAN WATER NJ
Director of Public Works
856-779-9610 ext. 221
620 Cutler Avenue
Maple Shade, NJ 08052
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
Saturday: 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
2022 SPRING HOUSEHOLD CLEAN-UP EVENT
TRASH COLLECTION HELPFUL INFORMATION
Friendly Trash Reminders:
- Trash should be placed curbside no earlier than 6PM the day before collection & no later than 6:30AM the day of collection.
- Trash should be placed in a metal, rubber or plastic watertight container not exceeding 34 gallons’ capacity.
- Use of disposable polyethylene or paper bags designed for garbage or rubbish may be used, but bags MUST be sealed/closed at the top.
- Any wood/lumber should be tied securely in a bundle not exceeding 3-feet in length and not weigh more than 40 lbs. All nails and screws MUST be removed!
- Mattresses MUST be wrapped in plastic or placed in a plastic mattress bag.
- Mattress bags are available at local hardware stores, home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes, and online at Amazon.
- NO METAL of any kind will be collected. Metal MUST be removed from any furniture.
- Remove drawers from furniture and place separately at curbside.
- House clean-outs, garage clean-outs or large construction project debris will NOT be collected.
Please contact Public Works at 856-779-9610 ext. 221 or 113 with any questions.
WHAT IS ACCEPTED AT THE PUBLIC WORKS FACILITY?
Residential Only / No Commercial Businesses
- Brush, Tree Branches, Shrubs & Bagged Leaves (no loose leaves or bagged grass clippings)
- Appliances (doors removed from refrigerators)
- Old Paint/Antifreeze
- Waste Oil (No 50-Gallon Drums)
- Electronics (TV’s, Computers)
- NO Loose Grass Clippings
(Grass Clippings are to be put out/or Regular Trash Pick-up)
- NO Bulk Trash
- NO Construction Material of Any Kind
- NO Concrete/Cinder Blocks or Bricks
- NO Removal of debris from replacement of a privacy fence
(chain-link, stockade, etc.) is the responsibility of contractor/homeowner.
Call Public Works at 856-779-9610 ext. 221 with any questions prior to bringing any items to the Public Works facility.
- CONTRACTORS AND LANDSCAPERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM DUMPING DEBRIS AT THE MAPLE SHADE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC WORKS GARAGE ON CUTLER AVENUE
- DUMPING WHEN FACILITY IS CLOSED IS PROHIBITED
- DUMPING AT ROUTE 73 LEAF SITE IS PROHIBITED
- VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED